Monday, February 2, 2015

What's Your Entrepreneurial IQ, Naehyung?

For the past weeks, we have covered some traits of entrepreneurs and what equips/makes those types. I've done the test required for the class and other types of personality/strength tests, and would like to reflect on those things for myself in my first blog posting.

1. Naehyung, Are You a Natural Entrepreneur?

The readings in class covered some common traits that entrepreneurs tend to share: they often have been brought up in a broken family; they tended to be alone in earlier age, not liking to do group work; they can boldly invest all their savings for their venture establishment; they like to start a new business/project right after finishing one without a break. Although they said these are not strict rules, they make sense in some ways.

Honestly, when I think of myself, I am not that kind of person. Although my MBTI type was INTJ (good for start-up technologies), I used to hang out a lot with friends in my youth, and have been liking playing sports or doing group work. I've been brought up in a very supportive, loving, and stable family. I've been exposed to international environment so far, but not necessarily to dramatic change or extremely challenging environment. Also, I like to take a break (preferably, not a short one) after finishing a project or a big event. I would rather have some savings left in my bank account for the future rather than investing in one idea for big time. According to another test that I did to discover my strengths and gifts from the book called "Discover Your God-Given Gifts" by Don & Katie Fortune, I was high in administrative or teaching -- it sounds a bit far from being innovative start-up owner. Well, that's me. And I'd like to find my own way according to my strengths and traits.

2. Take-away from Class: Start Small with My Characteristics

Although I found that I could not be a natural-born entrepreneur type per se, but can still apply principles from class. One thing I'd like to apply in my life is: start small. If I am to work in government because I would rather like to work in an established system, then I can start from local government and perhaps focus on local programs and services first, before going to state or federal government positions or even diving straight to international relations. Because I am still young and need to be exposed to many things and learn more, maybe perhaps before running a big organization, this can be the lesson that I can take from the class.

Also, my tests, in class and outside sources, showed that I can be good for teaching or academia. I will take that into consideration, too.

3. Blogging Usage for the Future

Well, through this blog posting, I'd like to take this opportunity to reflect myself on the class materials and other relevant content, learning more about myself. It is a good opportunity before graduation to think about myself -- find out what I would be good at and where I might be supposed to be.

Thanks, class!

No comments:

Post a Comment