Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sub-contractor?

Prof Zak has been pushing us to find our market niche. This, along with some research I've been doing on the Diversity & Inclusion space, has sparked a line of thought:

Should my org view itself as a sub-contractor to Diversity & Inclusion companies?

Something that's been bugging me is my exclusive focus on racial prejudice, rather than an all-inclusive look at age, sex/gender, class, etc, and how can I present the organization as a diversity program/service with such a narrow scope? I was telling myself that research shows addressing prejudice in any one of these areas produces effects in all the other areas. But I don't know if that cuts it. Additionally, good D&I programs need to include work on institutional practices as well, on which I am also not focused. So, I am wondering if Face Race is a specialized, supplemental service that can be brought in in conjunction with a larger D&I firm to strengthen the work on the individual level. Of course, this direction brings up many questions, but I think it may be worth exploring. One of the most pressing questions, though, is if D&I firms need help with the individual level (or, rather, I know they do, but do THEY know they do)?

Thoughts anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment