Monday, February 4, 2013

Blogging to the extreme

Having taken classes with Prof Zak before, I know from experience that I'm not a great contributor to class blogs. Coming into this class, I wanted that to be different and the way I found to motivate myself to be a better contributor was to create a blog of my own about my social venture's development. But, honestly, I created it for more than just to make me a better participant in this class. I was also looking for a better way to get feedback about my social venture idea, to force myself to overcome my own insecurities about being a social entrepreneur and one interested in race specifically, and to create an accountability system to keep me on track towards my goals.

To all of these ends, I would love it if you all, as fellow social entrepreneurs, would follow my blog as well and comment with any thoughts/critiques/support/etc you have. You can find me at:

http://amberleenorris.wordpress.com/

I have to admit putting myself and my ideas out there for all the world to see has been intimidating, but it is getting easier and I think it is going to be crucial to making me a successful social entrepreneur. If you, too, are struggling with your own insecurities in your journey to save the world, I recommend challenging yourself in a similar way.

No comments:

Post a Comment