Monday, April 30, 2012

Social entrepreneurship is far outside my comfort range.  The reason I enrolled in this class was because I wanted to do something different, something personally challenging.  My teaching experience with young men in the Philippines who had juvenile delinquency cases led me to think about how their experiences should be different from the norm.  I think many of those young men would find interest and value in Nathan and Emily's venture and in Marcel's.

This course has been personally challenging, everything from the elevator pitches to the blog to the venture plan itself.  It has tied together parts of the curriculum including project management, financial analysis and organizational management.  Presentations and practical applications together has brought things together for easier understanding.

Whether I am able to pursue this any further or not the course has had a positive impact on me.  I am glad that I took it because I found value in it.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment