Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Laying a Foundation


  It is quite interesting to see how an idea seems so unique and flawless when first thought of but then realize how difficult it is to carry out.  Often times we give ourselves the impression that our idea/venture is flawless, leading us to believe that nothing can go wrong throughout the process. Yet, as I quickly have found out that is not the case. Being an entrepreneur is truly a roll coaster that often seems to relate to my own life. I say this with conviction and I am sure some of you might be able to relate. When I reflect on things (when time allows, which of course its not too often) I look at all the things that have occurred through out my life, both good and bad. Then I find myself thinking, "my life can be a movie/book", that's what a venture truly feels like. Everyday there is always some challenge that your company may face. Sometimes you're able to see it and more often that not you never saw it coming. I am sure if I were to sit down with some of Silicon Valley's most successful entrepreneurs I'd be able to write an array of exciting scripts and novels.


This bring me back to Pedro and I class project. We are constantly discussing how the venture can develop and move forward. At times myself or Pedro might think that this has no potential to fail. Our idea is flawless, but we are always brought down to reality. A fellow classmate or peer might point out something we have never thought about that might work in our favor or against. There already exist NGO's or non-profit that may be doing the exact same work and has major financial support of world renowned organizations/institutions. As a team we have think outside the box to really lay down a solid foundation that will allow our venture to get off the ground and sustain itself through difficult times.

 There is no question that if the venture becomes a reality it will truly be a roller coaster ride with endless twist and turns. In a lot of way stories that movies are made of will arise. As a mentor of mine once told me, "Sometimes we just have to stop stressing out and just enjoy the ride, you'll be surprise how much more you will enjoy things and how much more successul you will be."

No comments:

Post a Comment