Monday, March 31, 2014

Inside Out: Share your Vision, sales will follow

I watched a great TED talk from Simon Sinek about inspiring consumers through the clear communication of your core values.  He says that people are much more comfortable buying into beliefs than products or features.  I have been looking at things this way for canvas & hide, but having trouble with the "clear communication" part.

I think the trouble I was having was getting lost in the details.  In the end, some of our values will ultimately be subservient to the others, so what is the big value?  Reparability? Versatility? Empowerment?

Below I have outlined our customer forward values.  These are the values that we need to clearly communicate to our patrons.  Our other values are equally important, but only need to be lived (not spoken.)


I think that this is a good start to moving forward.

I also enjoyed last weeks exercise of breaking down the functions of the company into easily digestible parts.  I've been playing with this a lot and am looking forward to using this to move forward.  It almost could be turned into a checklist for each phase and task.  Very good to know you haven't forgotten anything.

until next time - Ben.


No comments:

Post a Comment