Saturday, March 10, 2012

Knowing WHY You Are Pursuing Your Venture

Building brand identity is a tough and never-ending process. In the process of creating a business plan, I feel like we often lose our purpose; instead, we focus on the product or service, the financials, etc. When I was developing my feasibility plan, I found myself enamored with my venture's feasibility (i.e. profits) and lost sight of why I was doing it.

It is important to constantly reflect on why you are doing what it is you're doing. It is source of excitement, that reinvigorates your relentless pursuit for success. Further, understanding why you are pursuing your venture dictates your brand identity-how you want your product or service to be perceived when you're not around (Michael Dell). A strong understanding of why your company exist will make it easier to shape your brand identity and ultimately the success of your venture.

Here is an article that elaborates on the importance of articulating your company's existence.

http://www.inc.com/tom-searcy/great-companies-start-with-why.html

No comments:

Post a Comment