Monday, March 26, 2012

Elevator Pitch

As Confluence approaches I have begun preparing to "elevator pitch" myself for a career position to as many companies as possible. I have spent tons of time preparing my portfolio and resume but doubt that I will have very much time at all for presentation. I have debated the different mediums to present myself; ie digital or print. I figure print can be left with those interested but may not be as prompt to go through as digital. Practicing elevator pitches in class has really come in handy here. Practicing speed and refinement has really help me determine what information is really key and what order in which to deliver it. I previously was delivering information in chronological order rather than enticing individuals at the very start of the interview. I plan on continuing applying these methodologies learned in class, practicing tons for confluence, and getting a job! Wish me luck!

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment