Monday, April 25, 2011

Fly or Flouder

The article "Why Entrepreneurs Don't Scale." Some of the attributes that were listed in order to be successful in scaling (or will hinder you when attempting to scale), I find that I hold a combination of either not having the attribute or having it too much.
  • Loyalty to Comrades: I have never been placed in a situation where my loyalty to my friends in a working situation has been tested in which I would have to choose the success of the outcome on results, not friendship. I honestly do not know how I would handle this situation. In addition, I am aware that it is difficult for me to "be mean" to my friends, though choosing business success over being loyal may not be qualified as mean, I value the friendships I have in a way that may be counterproductive in attempting to make a business succeed and placing the business success as a priority. But again, I have never been placed in this situation.
  • Task Orientation: I am aware that at times I do have a weakness of delegating tasks, as I am in the process of learning to trust people's abilities and skills more when working on team, and knowing that they will do their part for the organizational good.
  • Single-Mindedness: Being single-minded is sometimes good, but at times distracts your attention from the other several priorities that need to be concentrated on, in which this is difficult for me to differentiate between; when and when not to be single-minded.
  • Working in Isolation: This attribute I have not have the opportunity to experience either, thus I have no foundation in which to say how I would handle this type of situation.

How does one develop a working combination of these attributes?

No comments:

Post a Comment