Monday, April 25, 2011

Entrepreneur vs. Executive

As indicated in this week’s readings, “the habits and skills that make entrepreneurs successful can undermine their ability to lead larger organizations” (Hamm 2002). According to the readings, these habits include:

  • Loyalty to Comrades
  • Task Orientation
  • Single-Mindedness
  • Working in Isolation

Given that I see some of these traits within myself, I appreciated the author’s use of case studies to indicate situations wherein these characteristics attributed to the downfall of companies and situations wherein the rejection of said traits led to a company’s success.

Intrigued by the topic of how I can perform well as both an entrepreneur and an executive, I decided to conduct some research on the subject. My findings include the following:

Does anyone know of any additional websites or books that can be of use? I am interested in learning of additional resources that can make the process of transitioning from an entrepreneur to an executive successful. Please share if you know of any.

Sources

Hamm, John. "Why Entrepreneurs Don't Scale." Harvard Business Review, 2002: 2-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment