Monday, April 4, 2011

Clear Uncertainty-An Oxymoron

This article sheds some light on my sometimes frustrating entrepreneurial situation. It pointed out all things that must be done that I am clearly the opposite of, and must learn as I go.

  • Effectively manage uncertainty: This is difficult as I literally despise uncertainty! I must plan, plan, and do more planning. I do not know how to handle, or handle well, the unknown. Developing this venture has been a host of frustrations that has enabled me to learn how to handle the unknown; from thinking quicker on my feet to becoming more flexible in my way of planning and thinking.

  • Pick your battles with a disciplined approach: This is extremely difficult as I am accustomed to being superwoman. I do not choose my battles, I usually just take them all on. With creating a venture, I must pick and choose the one that is worth fighting (as mentioned in last weeks article) as well as approach the battle with a plan.

  • Do not overexert yourself: Once again because I attempt to be superwoman, I always overexert myself. I have come to learn more each day that it is acceptable to reach out for assistance and pass on tasks to those who can complete them more efficiently.
In formulating the working hypothesis of "The People's Station" I must ask myself how I will complete development of the plan I will pursue this venture?

No comments:

Post a Comment